Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to replace the Lokar TV cable and bracketry that I have with something more precise and easier to fine tune. I was looking into the TVmadeEZ kit from Bowtie Overdrives but it's a little pricy compared to some of the other offerings out there. What have others here used with success?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why not stick with a GM cable?
That's an option. I'll have to change out the bracketry despite what system I go with. I'd rather make sure I get the proper bracket that fits my carb, the 'new' TV cable and my existing throttle cable so that the geometry for proper TV movement to throttle movement is exactly correct. Was hoping I could get it as a 'kit' rather than buy a piece here and a piece there...

·
Registered
15,315 Posts
The carb uses an adapter on the bell crank so it positions the cable end as it was on GM production vehicles with varied from Rochester carbs to their EFI systems. The bracket on the intake should be positioned so in the idle throttle position the cable is plumb level. I violate this but have the experience and shop to cover my butt, I’m not recommending you make deviations as if you get it wrong it can easily cost a transmission rebuild.

Follow Mr. Carr’s instructions at the attached link. Art’s been doing transmissions since I had a full head of hair.

Bogie

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I decided to go ahead and purchase the TVmadeEZ system from Bowtie Overdrives. Kit should be here in a couple weeks. Hopefully it's as easy to install and as easy to adjust as advertised.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts