Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Race it, Don't rice it!
7,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's under the cover on the right side just above the pan rail and just below the cooler line connections? Can it be removed with out injury to the eye's or face? .:drunk: I believe I have a bad O- ring or something there leaking fluid after shut down.

·
Registered
427 Posts
That is the servo. You may not do any harm to yourself but could destroy the transmission if not done properly.

·
Administrator
9,804 Posts
I would think the servo cover would leak more under pressure than after shut down

·
Race it, Don't rice it!
7,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, the leak can't still be coming from the pan gasket. I've changed it twice now with absolutley no change. Nothing else is wet except the pan lip. I though maybe the servo( I thought that's what it was:D ) leaking right at the bottom and I just thought it was just the pan gasket. Any other idea's?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Filler tube seal.
Throttle cable seal.
Wash it down good and let it sit.
When the vehicle is shut off the fluid level will rise.
What type of pan gasket did you install?
Is the pan rail straight?

·
Race it, Don't rice it!
7,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pan rail is straight without flaws, pan itself is straight.

Funny thing is, all is dry above the pan. if you stick your finger in the crevice just above the pan rail and run it all the way across the pan it dry. I had thought the servo cover could be the culprit. It's the next lowest leak source other than the pan gasket itself. logically, I guess it's the pan gasket. The original pan gasket was cork rubber so I replaced it with a impregnated black rubber one.

No leaks occur in gear or in neutral, Only after about ten min or longer of running, then shutdown, then ten min. later there will be a puddle forming. We're losing about a quart every 30 min. for about hour then it slows to nothing in about another fifteen.

I'll pull the TV cable and filler tube tonight and try to reseal those just to eliminate that possibility.

·
Administrator
9,804 Posts
the filler tube and TV cable have rubber sealing sleeves on them....

push the sealing sleeve into the tranny case FIRST, then push the filler tube or TV cable end into the rubber sleeve. Use some lube on the tube and cable end too

1 - 8 of 8 Posts