Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i'm new to the list.I would appriciate some advice.I just bought a 87 chevy and it has a 6.2 desiel. The guy that i bought it from had pulled the pan and found that one of the solenoids looked burnt. Can a solenoid cause this problem.I looked in the old posts and found no direct answer.The loss of 3rd&4th happened all of a sudden which leads me to believe that it may be electrical.I would be greatful for any advice.

·
Registered
48 Posts
**700r4**

Hi, I have a '71 Chevelle. It had a 350 w/ a 700r4. I had the exact same problem with my 700 (no 3rd or 4th gear to go to, that is right before I shot half a piston through one of the cylender walls). Anyways, before all that one of the things that was defenetly out of ajustment was the TV (throttle valve cable). which I think lead to other problems (burning up the clutch and possibly siloniod). All I can say is make sure your TV cable adjustment is good and then go from there.

Best of Luck,
StrokeofGenius

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the advice. I,ll try that first. Do you know how to test the solenoid? I really don't know much about the 700r4.Any info would be great.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts