Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have recently acquired a 71 Cuda 383. It was aNew York car and found the frame rails are rusted. Specifically it appears the left front rail by where the control arms attach is rusted through. Please.......can anyone direct me in the right direction for the correct fix besides frame rail caps. Will a 70 or 71 Challenger front frame rail work? Are they the same as far as shape etc? Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Premium Member
8,454 Posts
Welcome to the board. You are new so don’t know the ins and outs yet. This forum is intended for general introductions only. Tech questions posted here don’t get the coverage they deserve. Repost your question in the proper forum and it will have a good chance of being answered.

Wouldn't it be easier and cleaner to simply weld patch panels using the same gauge steel as the original frame? Even if the damage is fairly extensive, it would still be simpler to do that than grafting on a frame piece from another car.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
A Challenger frame rail should work but it will be more work than just welding in repair panels. Safe "T" Cap will have exactly what you need to repair your frame rails. They have the correct repair sectons for A, B, E, F, J, and M body Mopars.

Although I really like Summit they do NOT have what you need to properly repair or replace Cuda frame rails. Willys36's suggestion is the best way to go and if the damage is bad enough just order up the proper repair panel from the link above.

Centerline

·
Registered
455 Posts
Is not a 1968/1969 B body, such as a Satellite, Coronet, etc.. etc.. the same front frame stub as an E body?

Is it the area above the frame, between the upper A arm concentric mounts that is rusty? Or is it in the actual frame, the inverted "C" channel?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.