Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Glad to join all you guys, hopefully I can learn some great info from you guys. I have a 74 Ventura that I bought as a roller and I'm looking for front fenders for it. Any help on where to find these would be much appreciated. I'm also looking for any interior pieces that wont cost me an arm and a leg!
Thanks

·
Cars, Trucks, Boats, Motorcycl
7,391 Posts
. Hello... welcome... where are you located? ( ours off to right --> )

. No engine or tranny? A base model or sport model? Color(s)?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No engine or tranny. Im wanting to do an Lq4 swap But trying to find one for a decent price. Transmission option is still up in the air, I can never make up my mind. The car had a 3 speed on the column. Was thinking about putting a 5 speed but Im trying to decide what I really want. I have a 350 longtail tranny sitting in the garage but needs rebuilt. The car is all in primer. I have nova fenders that I got with the car but they wont let me use the Ventura grille. My interior panels are crumbling from age and not being taken care of. The car was originally a 6 cylinder car. I think its just a base model. I have new upper and lower control arms disc brakes master cylinder and gas tank waiting for my subframe to get sand blasted and my buddy to pull his car out of my garage. My goal is to be able to drive it before the end of summer.

·
Hotrodders.com moderator
9,581 Posts
I would place a parts request on car-part.com. I did find some grilles there and it is a good possibility that some yard has the fenders you need but not listed in the online inventory..

Sam

·
Registered
17,612 Posts
Glad to join all you guys, hopefully I can learn some great info from you guys. I have a 74 Ventura that I bought as a roller and I'm looking for front fenders for it. Any help on where to find these would be much appreciated. I'm also looking for any interior pieces that wont cost me an arm and a leg!
Thanks
Parts section of Hemmings Motor News. Online or any major book store like Barnes & Noble.

·
Cars, Trucks, Boats, Motorcycl
7,391 Posts
. Maybe one of the Pontiac guys around here has a Pontiac 350" lying around they'll let you have reasonable... always great to open a Pontiac hood and see a Pontiac engine...

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
8,159 Posts
. Maybe one of the Pontiac guys around here has a Pontiac 350" lying around they'll let you have reasonable... always great to open a Pontiac hood and see a Pontiac engine...
Sold a perfect running 1971 350 poncho last year.200 bucks.
It would fry the back tire.
I still have a virgin 400 from 1972

·
More for Less Racer
19,367 Posts
Try DVAP- Desert Valley Auto Parts...their inventory shows several rust free Arizona parts cars, they pull the parts and ship to you.

Desert Valley Auto Parts

Search '71-74 Pontiac Ventura, '73-74 Olds Omega, and '73-74 Buick Apollo, they all use the same fenders...as you have found, the '68-74 Chevy Nova fenders are not the same.

·
Automotive Extraordinaire
1,278 Posts
These guys have a ventura around that year in the yard, I saw it a few weeks ago while getting parts for a 442 I am restoring for a customer. May want to give them a call if you haven't found anything yet, as I remember it was a complete car.

Kelly

1 - 12 of 12 Posts