Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
I think so. Im building a 77 myself the disco nova's are the last of the muscle car era after 79 you got nothin. Although i will say finding parts is not so easy. What do you have? maybe if you decide to build i have some parts i dont need. And if you dont build let me know im always looking for parts for the 77-79's. Heck maybe even some good ole fasion horse tradin :D

·
Administrator
18,635 Posts
When I was a kid, I used to say that there wasn't a decent car built after 72.............The mid 70s did have some miserable cars, but I dont think the Novas were one of them.A little heaverier than the earlier ones, but still worth building. Now, those 80s Novas............They suck.

·
Get out the ducktape...
213 Posts
I got a 75 that I pulled a puny 262 v8 out of. Now I got plans but like tinman said parts are hard to find I have found out and the 75-76 has a unibody, think about that. I like the car and it was my grandfather's but like everything else its just preference. As far as parts go you will also have to search for omega's apollo's and ventura's for similar stuff. There are also fiberglass options for the front clip.

·
Administrator
18,635 Posts
chevelle_502 said:
I got a 75 that I pulled a puny 262 v8 out of. Now I got plans but like tinman said parts are hard to find I have found out and the 75-76 has a unibody, think about that.
Huh??????...Funny, but that piece of frame that I used to clip my truck came out of a 76.....The front is full frame, the rear is unibody....been that way since 68.

·
Lost in the 60's
15,292 Posts
Those are great cars to hot rod.....you can get aftermarket replacement sheet metal for them from several sources. They also make subframe connectors for them to beef up the sub frame and uni-body.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I dont want to get off subject but if Henry and chevelle wouldnt mind i could really use the links that you both speak of. Ive found limited subframe connectors ( was goona try to make something) and my grill needs some work. And if anyone has some parts they dont need im up for tradin or buyin. :D

·
Registered
249 Posts
Other than Darts, their about the only "muscle" that was around in the mid-late 70's. And a decent looking, cheap, and fairly light car. There is one that belongs to some older woman around here, six, got some quarter panel rot, but these cars are "late" enough to not get completly eaten.

And...somewhat disposable because there is still a pretty good supply of them.

Pretty sure that F-body parts interchange with them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.