Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I just scored a 1410 Edelbrock AFB nearly new in the box way cheap. 750 CFMs of big throat AFB!! The guy I got it from was convinced that it wouldn't work for automotive applications.
So what's the difference? It has a choke, it has vacuum from the air horn. What I don't see is vacuum from the throttle plate. Is that the only difference?
I can get vacuum from the intake manifold, if I need it.
Anybody up to speed on the difference between marine and automotive applications?

·
Registered
308 Posts
In my Edelbrock owners manual it shows that it is jetted the same as the 1412 &1413 which is the performer eps 800 cfm but it is 750 cfm. Change the jets to.110 main and .107 secondary and use the 1459(075x047) metering rods to make it jetted the same as automotive 750.and you can use manifold vacuum for the distributer.This chart out of the manual should help you dial it in for your application

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow!!

Doubledick!!
Thanks!! that's probably more information than I would have gotten if I called Edelbrock!! I may keep the 600 that's on the 454 tho, as I balloon foot around like an old grandma, and the 600 works fine IF I Don't GET CRazY! Thanks again.....M

·
Registered
308 Posts
My 427 runs a little lean at lower altitudes I would say the 750 was a better choice for your 454 than the 600 I get 14 mpg at 70 with my 500 + hp engine and 4.56 gears

1 - 4 of 4 Posts