Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have just taken possession of our 1977 Nova Rally and are going to return it to its former beauty (exccept for the drive train which has already been modified).
We bought the car new in Colorado in late 1976 and have kept it in the family since. In the early 1990's, we parked it in our garage (w/ +/- 100,000 miles on the odomoter) in southern Indiana and began driving another car.
In 2005, our son assumed the ownership of the car and "rebuilt the engine and drive train "from the front of the radiator, to the back of the differential". During the process, he rebuilt the 650 (???) Quadrajet, installed a higher manifold, installed (truck-style) 350 headers and a flowmaster exhaust system.
Unfortunately (for him and fortunately for us) he lost his garage space and had to bring the car to me, here in O'Fallon, MO. The car was never wrecked, only has a small amount of surface rust, and will have the exterior and interior completed this spring and summer.
If anyone reading this has any idea where i can get original parts locally, i would appreciate an e-mail. My only source of parts to date is from a parts house in Midwest, Oklahoma specializing in such cars.

·
Faith - Respect - Trust
3,528 Posts
I see that this is your first post so, Welcome aboard and I'm sure someone will be able to help you out with the parts you need. If I can make a suggestion that might help you source exactly what kind of parts you are looking for, it's a good idea to specify what kind of parts you need and if you say things like "original parts" that may mean to some people reading your thread that you mean OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) or parts from GM 1977 Nova specific. So if you just post a little more information on what you need, I'm sure that a lot of guys here will chime in and help you out...This is a great site for that with a lot of information and guys that genuinely care and would be happy to help. I unfortunately, need the information I suggested to better help you as well, there are a lot of aftermarket suppliers for Nova parts but, I need to know if it's aftermarket parts you would be happy with.

On a brighter note, if you need information or advice on the surface rust or help with body work and or paint, I'd be happy to help.

Best Regards

Ray

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
77 Nova Rally Parts

Ray,
I will probably need exterior emblems and such, as well as a new interior. i don't need any chrome or window trim. While the grill has lost the metallic coating, i thint that i can provide a painted surface that will look really good.
The car was originally a light/medium blue metallic (similar to but lighter than a "gun metal blue") and the interior plastic and fabric has been permanently damaged (flaking off and disintegrating). I plan on keeping the same color scheme.
I am not a purist, and don't necessarily need OEM parts, but i would like an interior similar to the original (bench, not bucket, seats). The pattern in the seat doesn't matter as much as the comfort and final look.
As far as body work, this is my 4th vehicle to re-paint and i am comfortable w/ taking care of the surface rust. But, thank you for your offer.
I want this car as a daily driver in reasonable weather, as well as for spring and fall trips to the country (it doesn't have air conditioning and won't when i am done).
Jim

·
Faith - Respect - Trust
3,528 Posts
Hey Jim

I did a 1972 Nova about 5 years ago, it needed interior, bumpers and a few emblems as well. After a search, I choose Classic Industries. Ordered the pieces I needed and got them within a few days. All the parts where as advertised with good color, fit and finish on the interior pieces (the upholstery fit well, the color was bit more vibrant on the new front but that no doubt was due to fading from age) and the bumpers fit like OEM...which did surprise me.

You can find them at Classic Industries | Restoration Parts | Mopar Parts | Camaro Parts | Firebird Parts | Nova Parts | Impala Parts | GM Truck Parts | Tri-Five Chevy Parts

Glad to hear that your comfortable with the paint and body side, but, if anything crops up that you may be uncomfortable with, let me know, if I can help, I will.

Hope this helps Jim.

Ray

1 - 4 of 4 Posts