Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few months back, I bought a '78 Chrysler LeBaron 2dr. It's basically ready for the road, but I would really like the power windows to be operational. For some reason, the windows do not work anymore. I've replaced the relay, the window motors are good, (ran wires from battery, motors will go up and down)

Does anyone own or know someone who owns a LeBaron with power windows that I can get some info and hopefully pictures from?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

·
True Hotrodder
1,641 Posts
Since the motors are good I would start with one window and work backwards towards the battery. There's a good chance that the main power for all of the windows goes through the driver's control panel first, then to the other windows. These cars along with other makes of the time are known to break wires in the bundle that runs from the A-Post to the door. You have to figure the driver's door on a car opens and closes a 1000 to 1 for the other doors and that bundle is being worked back and forth. I have usually found the broken wires just about center of the bundle too. PITA to fix because of work space, I have usually soldered in repair patch wire and just taped it to the bundle.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts