Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased and rebuilt the motor in my 79 Chevy truck and now im getting ready to have it inspected and licenced, I'm pretty sure i could get it too pass inspection without working reverse lights but Since they are there Why not make them work.
I have working lights everywhere on the rear with exception to the backup lights, IN Reverse No power to the rear lower lights sockets, Is there a Switch on the Steering column? Or anywhere else i should check? All help is apreciated.

Thanks Steve

·
Registered
417 Posts
I have a '77 motor home with a Chevy column and an automatic. On it, the reverse light switch and the neutral start switch are combined and mount on the top of the column under the dash. That would be a good place to start looking.

·
Registered
5,098 Posts
If it's a column-shift, that's where the switch is. According to my Haynes manual, the backup lights & turn signals use the same fuse, so I'm assuming it's OK. Pull the connector off the switch & jump the backup light wires together (dark blue & light green). Turn the ignition on & see if the backup lights are on. If they are, then either the switch is bad, or it may just need adjusting (loosen it, then move it to the left or right on the column).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.