Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Back n the Game,Fully Hydrated
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This 79 buick is a grandparents car placed in storage. It had many issues, but clean body. The Buick 350 was scraped and all i could find was a running 327 originally from a 68 belair. Finding the right mounts i shoehorned it in. The heads were reconditioned and had 2.02/1.60 valves . Topped it with a z28 style intake, and an old edelbrock 750 afb. The cam is unknown but noticeable. The trans is a 700r4 with a 2600 stall. The gear was swapped to a 4.10. Stock hp exh manifolds and 2.5" duals exhaust.

My buddy tells me it should run mid 15's. That seems a little slow. Not alot was invested, but still it should be quick, no?

Runnin, but needs interior work and 1 wheel.

·
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im guessing 4000-4500lbs. The cam is supposed to be a reproduction 350hp/327 unit. It is a full size full interior. Lowered 3/4" all around with springs. It runs through 1st and 2nd in a flash.

How would a dual quad intake work with 2 holley 600 vac secondaries? It should fit under the hood.

·
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For my 79 lesabre 327 , I want to know the benefits of 2x4's. There is a C26 intake with 2 x 500 afb edelbrock carbs that needs to be gone through. Will this be a good service replacement for the performer intake with 750 afb? Will it fit underhood the same? If it will benefit the full size cruiser , I can take care of it this weekend. Never used 2 small carbs, thinking one was more efficient, but believe the 327 did from the factory.

The cam in the 327 is a repo 300hp/327 oe style performance cam.

The Lesebre has a nice modern 700r4 drivetrain with 4.10 gears that gets the sled moving through 1st gear.

Nobody has seen this 15" wheel before? Its not a wagon wheel. They look good with polished trim ring and body colored spokes.

·
Old(s) Fart
6,082 Posts
Time for a reality check here. Despite being one of GM's "downsized" full size cars, the LeSabre is NOT a lightweight. Couple over 4000 lbs with what is probably a 2-something rear axle and there's no way a streetable 327 is going to put that car in the 14s. A Buick 455 would be a much better choice. There's also no way you'll be able to use the dual quads on that 327.

·
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do you think this buick LeSabre can do mid 15's ?

The 700r4 is stock with 4.10 open rear. The 327 has fresh heads with 2.02 valves installed. The cam is rated at 300hp. It pulls pretty good through 1st.

·
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
16,464 Posts
In the real world, I am saying HIGH 15's or to about mid 16's.

Those cars sure bring back memories for me. My father was a Buick salesman and retired in 79. I remember those cars well and drove them a lot.

Brian

·
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
16,464 Posts
I want my Lesabre to fly.

That is so frightening it isn't funny! God and I remember doing that stuff! That car is so close from doing 15 cart wheels into those trees and killing that dude it is CRAZY!

Thank God I survived those times.

Brian

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.