Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if jegs lift bars along with moroso rear springs and competition eng. 3 way shocks set at 50/50 and 90/10 in front be too extreme for street use??? thats my current set up ... havent had car out that much to see how its going to handle since these new mods...

·
Home School Valedictorian
1,639 Posts
I think your 90/10's on the street would be a disaster, they are made to pop the front up, I can't imagine that would be a pleasant experience at least on the streets around my parts.
This is the warning that Koni uses.
KONI Series SPA1 shock absorbers are specifically for
use in off highway drag race competition only. If used on
public highways loss of vehicle control and consequent
personal injuries may result.
This is Lakewood's warning
Caution: Shocks with large compression and rebound differentials, such as 90/10 valve rates, should never be used on a street-driven vehicle. These shocks are intended for off-highway competition use only.

·
Registered
104 Posts
The front 90/10 deal on the street is a pain in the butt. It doesn't do that much on the strip either. If you drag race the car I feel that you would be better served with front end limiters that you could tighten down at the track. When the front end travel is limited the rear is planted by trying to pick up the front end weight. The 90/10 weight transfer idea of the older days is not as important as it is now with the better understanding of the rear suspensions.
Have fun,Smokey

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.