Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My hood release right now is some band aid ghetto rigged cable that takes two people to open my hood. So I ordered a gm hood cable for my car. It's 2 ft long and I have no idea where to hook it up. I think it needs to go below the brake release, and then connect to some apparatus in the engine compartment. I've been looking for awhile now and I can't figure it out.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya I know, it doesn't make any sense. I asked the seller on ebay, and he told me it was the right one, he said it connected something inside the engine compartment. He spoke about it as if the solution would present itself.

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
The handle end of that cable gets mounted to the bottom of the front bumper-look under there and you'll see two holes. It was a crappy design with the safety catch built in-takes two Finlanders and an Indian to open one.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I've got a '79 T/A. The handle is in the bottom center of the front bumper... it pops the hood with one pull, then you have to get your fingers under the hood, lift it, then pull the handle again to open it. Not a great design, especially if you've got fat fingers. See my homepage for pictures (of the car, that is... not my fat fingers).

·
Registered
75 Posts
i was wrong

yes the hood release cable does go under the bumper,and 2 feet is long enough, and yes it takes some effort to pull, with a double pull required, ...my mind slipped

1 - 7 of 7 Posts