Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has ever installed a Pete & Jake #8123 chrome rear bumper on a 1934 Ford car street rod.
This bumper is the same one that was used on the California Kid car that they have in there showroom.
If anyone has installed one of these i would like to know how well it fit onto the frame & if you could get
it levelled up to where it would look good . I would also like to know about the quality of the chrome.
I presently have a spreader bar between the rear frame rails & would have to remove it & trim a little bit off one end
& weld it back together in order to get enough room for the braces of the bumper to bit between the spreader bar & the frame,
as the braces are suppose to go on the inside of the frame. It,s the only bumper i could find that doesn,t need holes in the rear valance panel
as i don,t have those holes & really didn,t want to put holes for braces in the valance panel to install an orignal style bumper. The braces on the Pete & Jake bumper go under the valance panel & then up to the frame. Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Fordman

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.