Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '84 camaro, that I have put a lot of time and love into. I love this car! Well, I just rebuilt my transmission (fun). Now, I need to replace the rear end gears to compliment my engine and transmission. I know little about my rear end. I am sure it is at, or very close to 3.23, from my manual axle/tire rotation calculations. It uses the same caliper that the '88 high performance camaro uses (disk brakes). However, I am not positive that I have a 7.5" rear end. I have not torn apart my rear end yet, and I am not really sure what to look for. I know I have a 10 bolt rear end cover, with the suttle bulge on the driver side. Simple, my question is, what size posi rear end did the 82-92 camaro come with??

Thank you. -Ed

My car's web site: http://home.earthlink.net/~noegoman100

·
Registered
379 Posts
these came with and Australian 9 bolt limited slip axle they are not the usual Gm c clip design and are similar to the ford 9inch as the axles are retained with retainers, there are only a few different axle ratios that are available and cost around $300 to $400 last i checked ?:drunk:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Reply to No Ego Man...

My black '86 came with a 3:23 with disc brakes...It might be less work for you if you look around salvage yards for one and swap 'em out. I looked for one in Des Moines a while back for my red one and I think they wanted like $225 for it.

John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.