OK...big day today and I feel accomplished...
I got my intake manifold installed...
I got the exhaust manifolds put back on...new gaskets, new bolts, torqued to 25 ft lbs...
I also have the starter back in...didn't take a pic of it, but it's also new.
Supposed to rain tomorrow and be a bit more chiller, but the cork valve cover gaskets come tomorrow, and I still need to install the fuel pump.
1. priming the oil pump.
2. install spark plugs
3. set TDC and drop, plug in, and set the distributor.
4. install spark plug wires.
5. install the water pump.
6. install the radiator.
7. connect coolant hoses.
8. add coolant.
9. install battery
10. install and pre tune the carburetor.
11. connect emissions hoses.
12. install the valve covers, fill it with break in oil and about a quart of other oil.
13. pour some gas down the carburetor snout.
14. and fire her up for break in at 2000-2500 for 25-30 minutes.