Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, name's Anthony. I recently bought an 83' el camino with a 383 stroker motor in it. Has a small cam and i believe hydraulic pistons. My uncle is getting it running for me. Engine was running but no exhaust. Put the exhaust on and rewired the whole engine, deleted the computer (it got wet) & he put in a distributor that he said made the computer unnecessary. Only thing left now is he took out the Holly double pump carburetor (said it was a pain in the *** & he didn't know how to work on them) & bought a used carb single pump that didn't work so either gonna get it rebuilt or buy a refurbished. Anyways my question is this - There's no a/c. but I have a 2008 v6 Dodge Dakota that's run its course but the A/C in that still works ice cold.Can I take the A/C system out of that and put it in the 383 El Camino?

·
Super Moderator
18,376 Posts
In a word.........NO

Find a system from a Chevelle, el Camino etc.......Even that will be a major job.

·
More for Less Racer
19,383 Posts
You'll need to either hunt down the under dash duct work and heart box, the engine side heater box and evaporator core, and then purchase all new hoses, condenser, dryer, pump for a '78-87 GM G-body car...Malibu, Monte Carlo, Grand Prix, Lemans, Regal, Cutlass are all the same for these components.
Then you'll need to get factory engine brackets for he pump, and the correct crank and water pump pulleys.

A lot of stuff to find if you don't have another G-body parts car to pull it all off of.

Another option would be a universal vintage air set-up, like most street rod builders use.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts