Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK this is an easy one for you guys, I'm sure.
Anyways, I have an 84 chevy 1/2 ton K-10, longbed
the tranny has been slipping mainly from 1st to second for years.
few weeks back I had a chance at another low mileage tranny out of an 86 4x4 fullsize blazer, with the transfer case still bolted to it, the convertor and the flywheel, all for 200 bucks. The new trans has only about 70 thousand on it, should last awhile. My question is, will it bolt right in, being from a blazer and not a pickup, or is there stuff I need to do to make it work?

I read through several pages of threads on here, but didn't really find anything pertaining to this really.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I saw that post, and I had to check first post to see if I typo ed it. It is a 4x4

K-10= 1/2 ton 4x4
"C"-10 = 1/2 ton 4x2

I just wanted to know if there was any differences in the blazer 700R4 trans and the one in my truck.

·
Administrator
10,122 Posts
ChevyJim said:
I saw that post, and I had to check first post to see if I typo ed it. It is a 4x4

K-10= 1/2 ton 4x4
"C"-10 = 1/2 ton 4x2

I just wanted to know if there was any differences in the blazer 700R4 trans and the one in my truck.

the complete basic trans should bolt in.

the difference can be the internal wire harness for lock up controls.

Do not swap the converters around. the 84 unit should have a 27 spline input shaft..... the 86 unit should have a 30 spline input shaft.

:cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.