Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a set of 84 Z28 Wheels (15" Alloys), for my '60 Impala recently, and now that I'm going to put them on, I find I need the correct lug nuts. Problem is, according to the Napa catalog, the 84 used a metric lug bolt! I've seen these wheels on a few old cars, was just wondering if anyone here has used them, and how the dealt with this problem? Seem my options are: change the studs to metric (but will the metric shank fit the SAE holes) or find SAE nuts that will work with these wheels. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Do you know for sure the Camaro rims fit your Impala? I am just asking because the Camaro bolt pattern will be 5 on 4 3/4 while the Impala, being a big car, may have the 5 on 5...
Mark

·
Race it, Don't rice it!
7,734 Posts
IT won't matter a lot the studs are slightly different is size as long as they fit. The taper on the lugnut centers the wheel. Get a lugnut that will fit the threads and make sure the lug taper sit's in the hole.

·
Registered
5,098 Posts
astroracer said:
Do you know for sure the Camaro rims fit your Impala? I am just asking because the Camaro bolt pattern will be 5 on 4 3/4 while the Impala, being a big car, may have the 5 on 5...
Mark
Big cars didn't get the 5x5" pattern until '71. '60 is 5x4-3/4".

Make sure the lug nut bevel angle is correct. I think some of the Gen3 Camaro wheels used a different angle from "regular".

·
Home School Valedictorian
1,639 Posts
I think the seat (taper) you are looking for is called conical. Contact Summit or Jegs, they should be readily available.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts