Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Wondering if anyone has the specs for the 1985 302 camshaft. I cant find anywhere that actually states the specs of non-mustang 85 blocks. Or even pre roller specs for the ford lineups really..

·
Cars, Trucks, Boats, Motorcycl
7,399 Posts
. Prolly about 194/202 durations at .050" lift... LSA about 112 degrees... close to same as a SBC Chevy... (maybe a cam step smaller in pickup trucks)

. A Summit 3600 cam at 204/214 would be one full cam step above a base level stock cam:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-k3600/overview/make/ford (they go bigger as 3601, 3602, 3603, etc.)

. What are you trying to figure out or put together? OK, I remember now...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
. Prolly about 194/202 durations at .050" lift... LSA about 112 degrees... close to same as a SBC Chevy... (maybe a cam step smaller in pickup trucks)

. A Summit 3600 cam at 204/214 would be one full cam step above a base level stock cam:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-k3600/overview/make/ford (they go bigger as 3601, 3602, 3603, etc.)

. What are you trying to figure out or put together? OK, I remember now...

Yea I think I have my camshaft picked out for the future, but I don't actually know what the specs are for my current cam. They created the lopo spec non HO cam in 86' I think, and according to some ford spec sheet the only models for 85 were HO. Whiiiiiich I know is wrong.

·
7,399 Posts
. 351W's use a different firing order from base 302's which is supposed to put less stress on the lower engine block... 302HO's use the 351W firing order... both cam styles can be used in either engine... just a matter of putting the plug wires in the distributor cap in the correct order to match the cam used...

. Which cam did you settle on?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
. 351W's use a different firing order from base 302's which is supposed to put less stress on the lower engine block... 302HO's use the 351W firing order... both cam styles can be used in either engine... just a matter of putting the plug wires in the distributor cap in the correct order to match the cam used...

. Which cam did you settle on?
I think Ill go with the XE258HR, 208/216 @ 050 & 533/544. Or a cam similar to that. But it ll be a little while before I swap them. Gunna wait for heads as well otherwise it'd be a bad idea lol.

·
7,399 Posts
. Heads off a low mileage Exploder that's in the yard because it's totaled would be a good bet...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.