Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready to embark on my first build using the above listed components. I'm using these specific ones because they're what I have on hand.
Chevy K10 with 350, cab is in awful shape.
IHC is an A-series ton and a half grain truck.
I've thought about doing an axle and driveline trade, putting all the Chevy parts under the IHC, but I'm not sure how the axles and suspension parts would fit the frame. The frame would have to be shortened which I guess isn't a big deal.
What I've given more thought to is just putting the IHC cab on the Chevy frame and add a flat bed to the back. I guess steering would be the biggest issue with this trade. Cab mounts can be fabricated, etc.

So, are either of these a better plan than the other? Are both horrible ideas?

I'd appreciate any input.
Thanks,
Patrick

·
Registered
272 Posts
I'm getting ready to embark on my first build using the above listed components. I'm using these specific ones because they're what I have on hand.
Chevy K10 with 350, cab is in awful shape.
IHC is an A-series ton and a half grain truck.
I've thought about doing an axle and driveline trade, putting all the Chevy parts under the IHC, but I'm not sure how the axles and suspension parts would fit the frame. The frame would have to be shortened which I guess isn't a big deal.
What I've given more thought to is just putting the IHC cab on the Chevy frame and add a flat bed to the back. I guess steering would be the biggest issue with this trade. Cab mounts can be fabricated, etc.

So, are either of these a better plan than the other? Are both horrible ideas?

I'd appreciate any input.
Thanks,
Patrick
Big job either way. But swapping the cab etc should be a lot lot easier than swapping the chev drive train into it. Just my opinion. Good Luck either way. Ernie.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts