Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 86 that i got that was speed density. i did a mass air swap, and 24 lb sensors and injectors. did a gt40 intake swap and a bbk 76 mm throttle body swap. after i did the mass air swap i was having alot of problems with the the erratic idle. the hoses were all original, so i replaced all the vac hoses. i also replaced the map sensor, later to find out i could have just plugged the whole with a screw. i also replaced the iac and still no results. the only thing i havent tried was either a new ecu or new air sensor cause i baught the parts used. the only thing that has been bogling my mind, is that if i disconnect the map sensor hose and let it take air the idle levels out alot more. and wont stall when you mash the clutch to stop. but if i plug the hose or plug it into the map sensor the idle goes crazy. i have checked every seal and every hose for a leak but i really dont think that is the issue, cause when i purpusfully make a leak it levels out. i am a little lost here and am not sure where to go. i have more projects lined up that depend on my keeping a steady idle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.