Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i bought a new distributor cap for my car 86 trans am and the electrode that goes down in the middle want go all the way through with the rubber washer thing and then when i tried to put my old back in same prob.its really confusing me an ideas?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sry

sry cobalt didnt see the pic cus im on a tiny monitor for a few days and i dont smoke weed.ill try to get some pics.like i said though the electrode will go all the way down like its suppose to but only without the rubber spacer thing.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hey im sry for all the questions but i have 1 more.i got the distributor together and on right but now it smells of gas and wont start at all now.the only thing i can think of is spark plugs because i ran the car awhile before low on gas and may need new spark plugs.so i was wondering could it be the plugs or something to do with the distributor.oh i put a new rotor button on to and ideas will be much appreated.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.