Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so 2 years ago i just got home and unloaded my trunk of the cutlass and this time when i went to close the trunk i closed it a bit hard by mistake and then suddenly my tail lights flickerd off and then i noticed my dash doesnt light up no more, or my aftermarket tach, my tails lights work if i apply the brake or signal, but when i turn on my lights or running lights, just my headlights work and my dome light works aswell but my tail lights and dash lights wont light up, stored the car for 2 years and now fixing it up finally, i checked the fuses there all good, any idea's? i have a headlight bulb out when i put on my brights and it ahs no reverse bulbs or sidemarker bulbs if that makes a difrence, i heard that sidemarker bulbs will screw stuff up somtimes becuz without a sidemarker bulb the circut cant be complete? im a rookie so i dont know too much but i know a bit

·
Supporter of the 4.3 liter V6
132 Posts
Simplest thing to do is start at the rear where you slammed the trunk and start checking and replacing bulbs there. A test light comes in handy here because you can say, put the car in reverse, pull the reverse bulbs out and check with a test light to see of you are getting power there. Same with tail lights and turn signals, side markers and so on till you find the problem

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.