Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone
New to the forum but need help. Our 88 jimmy works fine in first second, reverse. won't shift into third or overdrive. replaced the little gear on the shaft by the governor. shifts differently but still not into the higher gears. replaced fluids. (2.8, 4l60) I read pages and pages of your forums, you guys know a lot of stuff!!! I figure if any one can help it would be one of you! we've got two kids in university and tuition costs are insane so if anyone has any idea that can get us past having to buy a new tranny for a while it would be greatly appreciated.
How many sentences did you read before you figured out I have no clue what I'm talking about? My husband is a non-believer in the internet and I'm also hoping to prove to him that it's more than games and talking to the kids.:D

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
try a product called "Sea Foam" at the NAPA store.... its a trans treatment...worked on my Dodge mini van...at least for a whille...then the pump went out and end of story...the trans is dying and it may be to late already.

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.