Hot Rod Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i'm not a tranny expert but I have a problem with my 89 700r4 trans, what it's doing is shifting in to first no problem shift second no problem but.....halfway through second the engines revs, wants to go, but truck isn't, checked fluid "burnt" just wondering if there's an easy fix to this or am i looking for a new tranny

Thanks
Lil Vic
 

·
400SBC4Life
Joined
·
387 Posts
Lil_Victory said:
Well i'm not a tranny expert but I have a problem with my 89 700r4 trans, what it's doing is shifting in to first no problem shift second no problem but.....halfway through second the engines revs, wants to go, but truck isn't, checked fluid "burnt" just wondering if there's an easy fix to this or am i looking for a new tranny

Thanks
Lil Vic
Will it go into 2nd manually
Explain more
my 700 started off in 2nd when my band was worn out
and it needed a rebuild
 

·
400SBC4Life
Joined
·
387 Posts
I dropped pan and it had band pieces and my clutch material was in filter (i cut it open)
and u can see it
that means a rebuild is in order
 

·
Hotrodders.com moderator
Joined
·
9,581 Posts
Burnt fluid

burnt fliud means to me something has worn and gotten hot in there..and if it is sliping that would mean one of the bands is shot..sounds like rebuild time to me..

Guees it is a good time to learn..folks do get the vidieo's and the parts and puzzle it out aroudn here..and we do have some tranny experts to help..

OMT
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
9,934 Posts
if the tranny is running fine in 2nd gear then seems to go into a "neutral" and no over-drive...... I believe the 3/4 clutch pack is the problem.

the tranny will need a rebuild if the 3/4 clutches are burned up
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rebuild!!

No it doesn't shift manually and the tranny is running fine in 2nd gear then seems to go into a "neutral" Thank you everybody i guess i'll be looking to a rebuild ....and learning alittle more myself about tranny's i'll get back to you all on helping me with this rebuild i'll be needing all the help i can get thank you once again
 

·
400SBC4Life
Joined
·
387 Posts
Lil_Victory said:
No it doesn't shift manually and the tranny is running fine in 2nd gear then seems to go into a "neutral" Thank you everybody i guess i'll be looking to a rebuild ....and learning alittle more myself about tranny's i'll get back to you all on helping me with this rebuild i'll be needing all the help i can get thank you once again
This is a great site to get assistance with your rebuild.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BigDawgsEatFirst said:
This is a great site to get assistance with your rebuild.

Well i'm glad i'll have the best behind me and any problems i get stuck on i'll be sure to ask, right now i haven't begun my rebuild yet it's been busy busy busy around here, but i'm hoping to get to it sometime this summer, Thanks!!!
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top