Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 89 iroc with all the options and want to swap every thing on to a 55 chevy pickup, have read some on this sight and the only year cams talked about are the 70's. Has anyone used a third gen sub? Where would be a good place to look for info on this swap?

·
Registered
654 Posts
Hi 55 Iroc,

The '89 Camaro suspension is not a separate subframe like the older ones so it can not be used to subframe another vehicle. You can of course use the engine and transmission (among other parts) for your truck. I bought an '89 IROC just for the powertrain to use in my '48 Chevy 1/2 ton.

Good luck with your project.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I saw a 55 truck at a truck that had a 87 iroc IFS. I really did not get a close look as to how it was done, but it looked different so I ask the guy and he told me it was a 87. I've also read about it being done in classic truck mag. They said they will be doing a feature on the truck. I'm still waiting for that feature. It can me done, but should you do it is the when the are so many easier options is the question. I don't know the guys fab skills and reasoning behind this choice, but it was done and looked nice. But it may be more work than what its worth because as said before the third gen. camaro did not have subframes. I only know it can be done because I saw it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts