Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to find a 271/2" 28 spline ford 9 inch axle for a narrowing project! would anyone know if there were any stock applications that ran the 27 1/2" also needs to have the 3 1/16 center hole for the disc brake rotor set up! it also uses the taper style bearing[ I believe it's considered the large bearing style] any clues anyone?

·
High Performance Rear Ends
3,782 Posts
There could be an axle that length. As for the bearings, they are interchangable. You can use the sealed ball bearings on an axle that had the tapered rollers. If you go from an axle with the sealed ball bearing to a tapered roller bearing you better be sure to remove the seal from the axle tube or you will burn up the bearing pretty quick.

The easiest thing for you to do is to call Moser and have them make an axle for you exactly the way you need it. You could spens months looking for that exact axle and maybe never find it. A new axle doesn't cost that much. How much is your time worth?

·
Registered
9,050 Posts
The best deal is from a seller on Ebay. Axles with 8-10" of spline and you cut them to length. I bought a pair for less than $200.00. Took 6" from one and 4" from the other. Cut with an abrasive chop saw. Look good. Three bolt batterns, well finished. Won't know about strength till next year.

·
http://www.warsprints.com
2,024 Posts
The best deal is from a seller on Ebay. Axles with 8-10" of spline and you cut them to length. I bought a pair for less than $200.00. Took 6" from one and 4" from the other. Cut with an abrasive chop saw. Look good. Three bolt batterns, well finished. Won't know about strength till next year.
Sounds good, do they have a warranty? Myself, for $100 bucks more, I would get the Moser alloys with a warranty. I guess if its just a DD that will see no abuse they would be fine. JMHO

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.