Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 92 Corvette with an LT1 engine. I plan to upgrade to a 383 stroker. I will need to upgrade the factory computer to control the FI and Timing. The 92 LT1 computer cannot be programmed like newer models.
How can I modify or replace the factory computer to control the new engine? I plan to keep the fuel system fuel injected.

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Doc here, :pimp:

If you are using the old EFI , and keep the system, Sensors , Wiring Ect.. All in tact, I see no reason why it wouldn't work with the new block.

You may need "Programming" For the New parameters of the new engine though.

Doc :pimp:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
92 Lt1 383 Stroker

As I Pointed Out In My Question The 92 Corvette Computer Cannot Be Programed Like The Obdi And Obdii Computers.

The Help I Need Is To Answer "how Or Where Can I Get A New Computer That Is Programmable And Will Work On The 92 Corvette?". I Will Need A Computer That Can Control Not Only The New Engine Fi And Timing But All The Perameters That The Old Computer Controls (ie. Air Conditioning, Heating, Cooling Fans, Etc)

The 383 Stroker New Engine Will Use The Factory Fi With New Higher Capacity Fuel Injectors, Factory Intake Manifold, New Larger Throttle Body, And New Roller Lifter Cam. The New Cam Will Have A Much Higher Lift And Duration.

There Is No Way The Old Computer Can Control The New Engine Properly. Also, The Old Computer Cannot Be Reprogrammed. This Is Why I Need To Modify, Upgrade, Or Use A New Computter That Can Integrate Into 92 Corvette And Control The Fuel Delivery And Timing Of The New Engine.

Any Thoughts?

Thanks,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.