Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone be of any assistance PLEASE??? I THOUGHT I had a trans. problem with the truck. first gear was fine; second gear was fine, instead of third gear it acts like it was put into neutral. the trans has been replaced with an identical unit, but my problem stays the same...could it be a computer problem? could it be a throttel position sensor? any help from anyone would be a great help..... thanks THUNDER

·
Super Moderator
6,623 Posts
Auto or standard trans?

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm guessin your truck has an auto, in wich case it is my guess also that it has the A40E (or somthin like that) which is completely computerized. I would pull the pan and check the fluid for grit and color. And while I'm there , install a new filter and clean the magnet in the pan, this should tell you if your problem is mechanical or electronic. either way it aint gonna be good as those trannys are gold plated round these parts (new or used) good luck

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it is a 700r4 w/lockup convertor. thank GOD it is not a computerized 4L80E.all of the mechanicals inside are new.new clutches, new filter,new fluid,new every thing. that is why im leaning towards electrical.. good suggestions so far.thanks a lot

1 - 4 of 4 Posts