Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 1993 chevy 1/2 ton pick up, and I'd like to change the drivers side door. The door I want to put on has one half of the hinge welded on . My question is how do I get the pins out to get the old door off, and will I need new pins when I go to put the new door on? THANKS

·
Old(s) Fart
6,017 Posts
joe k said:
I've got a 1993 chevy 1/2 ton pick up, and I'd like to change the drivers side door. The door I want to put on has one half of the hinge welded on . My question is how do I get the pins out to get the old door off, and will I need new pins when I go to put the new door on? THANKS
First, you need one of these to remove the spring in the hinge:

http://www.wescotools.com/p-2566-do...essor-tool-for-gm-cars-87675-by-tool-aid.aspx

Once you do that, each of the two hinge pins has a sheet metal clip holding it in place. Remove the clips, remove the hinge pins, and the door falls on your foot. ;)

Note that if you have power windows or locks, you need to disconnect the wires first. There should be connectors in the harness behind the kick panel.

Once you get this far, you MIGHTASWELL replace the bushings and pins. The replacements are inexpensive and these doors tend to wear them out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.