Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ahhh LT1...what a motor! Until this. Put her in drive, hold the brakes, torque her up almost to launch and it starts spark knocking and stumbling like I never heard before. It will pull well on the highway until you get to this load point and do the same thing. If you put it in 3rd it will rev past this problem and pin you in the seat. At 140k miles several have suggested a new dist. cap but my old school thinking doesn't remember a bad cap causing this. Oh and the OBD1 won't give us ANY codes, not even the 12.
Any help is greatly appreciated,
Fred

·
Premium Member
11,051 Posts
Hot Rod Dad said:
Ahhh LT1...what a motor! Until this. Put her in drive, hold the brakes, torque her up almost to launch and it starts spark knocking and stumbling like I never heard before. It will pull well on the highway until you get to this load point and do the same thing. If you put it in 3rd it will rev past this problem and pin you in the seat. At 140k miles several have suggested a new dist. cap but my old school thinking doesn't remember a bad cap causing this. Oh and the OBD1 won't give us ANY codes, not even the 12.
Any help is greatly appreciated,
Fred
These motor's have had problem's with Moisture Building up inside the Dist..They took the newer LT1's in added a vacuum line to them to help with this problem.. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dist. vent

It has the vent tubes, I just can't stop thinking it is one of the many sensors crapping out. The EGR and wires and plugs are 1 yr. old. We are letting the garage that said to replace the coil have another shot at it. He seems knowledgeable and fair. He said if the cap and rotor doesn't get it then he will eat the labor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.