Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What can i loose on this engine without hurting performance I have a 700R trans. Will be using block hugger headers. I have a painless engine harness.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info.my harness is a 60505 long, it is a painless , what can you tell me about ecm i do not know what car it came out of? engine was buit for corvevtte specs. was buit for a 67 4x4 prodject went south price was right.

·
Administrator
8,551 Posts
The painless website has all that info. Its says 92-97 LT1 from camaro, firebird, impala,corvette,roadmaster,and caprice.
I would opt to get a used PCM from the Camaro or firebird , or the corvette .
700 bucks for a wiring harness is pretty salty. Maybe I should start building a few.
PCM part numbers were as follows: 16188051, or 88961150.
You need a 4L60E to run with that engine, or the harness and PCM you have wont work. It will go into default mode with out a trans to supply feed back, IE: speed sensor, shift solenoids circuit,pressure regulator solenoid circuit.
Dont open that harness unless you absolutley sure your gonna run it.
I did not see anything for an LT1 to operate on a stand alone basis.
( in other words... without being accompanied by the 4L60E)
If I were you I would round up a 4L60E and run it .The difference in performance and street manners over the 700 r is huge, and the 4L60E is tunable electronically. You wont spill a drop of tranny fluid.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.