Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Instagram: partsretriever
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GF's car... 97 Civic LX, 1.6L weed eater engine mated to a slushbox that sends the watered down lack of torque to the front wheels. 14x,xxx miles.

Being less silly (but still honest!) she's had a clicking or ticking sound coming from the front end of the car on turns.

I took it (with her riding along) to a local big empty parking lot and went in some tight circles, and sure enough tick tick tick/click click click.

The sound is a 'light' sound, kind of metallic, and I'm thinking the CV shafts are worn and the internals (balls and bearing cage/'bagels'/races) have excess clearance.

Her dad isn't sure but thinks it could be ball joints. I don't want this to be a 'told ya so' thread, but ball joints don't constantly move on a turn- only when the steering wheel turns. Any way to check these out?
-Matt

·
Premium Member
4,097 Posts
CV joints. Clicking on turns is the classic symptoms. Honda ball joints last several billion miles..

Later, mikey

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.