Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the land of computer controls. It is agravating not to be able to diagnose a problem.
John
I am getting voltage to injectors and the injectors check 15 ohms unplugged ,,bled the schrader valve at the regulator so it is getting gas and fire ,but wont run unless i spray starting fluid,,mabe teh new Chassis diagnostic machine at dealership can find it the SnapOn hand held says all systems correct.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I am getting voltage to injectors and the injectors check 15 ohms unplugged ,,bled the schrader valve at the regulator so it is getting gas and fire ,but wont run unless i spray starting fluid,,mabe teh new Chassis diagnostic machine at dealership can find it the SnapOn hand held says all systems correct.
I think the ECM supplies a ground to make the injectors fire. Do you have a noid light? It plugs in where an injector would go and will blink if it gets signal to pulse. It could possibly be the anti-theft system not allowing the injectors to pulse. Get rid of the VATS if possible.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think the ECM supplies a ground to make the injectors fire. Do you have a noid light? It plugs in where an injector would go and will blink if it gets signal to pulse. It could possibly be the anti-theft system not allowing the injectors to pulse. Get rid of the VATS if possible.

Yes a have a set of the Noids i checkey all 8 wires they all light the noid very bright,i also checked the injectors all showed betweeb 15 ad 15 ohms,,specs are 13-16 so they show to be good,, I replaced the fuel pump and fuel pump,,then i bled the pressure regulator ,with the schracder valve (getting gas ) i loosened lin at the regulato ,getting gas to both sides,,mit is not electrical because it will run if i spray starting fluid or gas in the throttle body,,,I dont know what theVATS is ,someone else said the same thing what is it and where is it located,

·
Registered
839 Posts
Yes a have a set of the Noids i checkey all 8 wires they all light the noid very bright,i also checked the injectors all showed betweeb 15 ad 15 ohms,,specs are 13-16 so they show to be good,, I replaced the fuel pump and fuel pump,,then i bled the pressure regulator ,with the schracder valve (getting gas ) i loosened lin at the regulato ,getting gas to both sides,,mit is not electrical because it will run if i spray starting fluid or gas in the throttle body,,,I dont know what theVATS is ,someone else said the same thing what is it and where is it located,
Does your ignition key have a chip in it? My 95 Z28 had a chip in the key. The VATS reads the resistance across the chip and will disable the car to prevent it from being stolen. I think it disables the injectors, but not 100 percent positive on that. If the car will fire on some starting fluid but not run even with fuel pressure at the injectors then my money is on the VATS being the problem. You can have that tuned out of the equation by someone with an aftermarket tuner.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes the Key has a chip,,,but it only has 4000 miles on the car since new and keys are not removed since it is stored on my basement,so itshould not be worn,,does not mean it isnt ,,i have the extra keys that have never been used i have to goo to jasper today i will take the key and try it,since they wont be starting on it untill after the 4 mmthanks for your help,

Attachments

·
Registered
839 Posts
Yes the Key has a chip,,,but it only has 4000 miles on the car since new and keys are not removed since it is stored on my basement,so itshould not be worn,,does not mean it isnt ,,i have the extra keys that have never been used i have to goo to jasper today i will take the key and try it,since they wont be starting on it untill after the 4 mmthanks for your help,
Wait... Did you mention having to replace the wiring harness because of mice chewing on the wires? Was the battery in the car and connected?

For the VATS, I think the problem is usually with the sensor, not the resistor on the key itself.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Ok, as much as I hate to send a poster elsewhere, This is one time I feel it necessary,
Create an account on ltxtech.com, ask your question s there, A poster named injuneer will figure out what’s going on for you! He is an lt guru!!!!! He sorted out mine in no time at all!!!
He also posts on camaroz28.com

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sound like lack of fuel pressure, have you tested with a fuel pressure gauge?
If the factory anti theft system sees a problem a security/theft light will illuminate in the cluster. The security/light should come after key on during instrument cluster bulb check and go out, if it stays on then check the anti theft system.
Since it’s at the dealer, do us a favor and and post what the problem was. Better yet, post the receipt here.
Curious.

·
Registered
14,722 Posts
If you continue to feed it fuel as an extended prime like from a a squeeze bottle , will it keep running. Trying to isolate whether this is a electrical/ Ignition or fuel, or a security time out.

Is there an aftermarket security system installed?

If it burns through one prime will it immediately start on another prime shot.

Obviously if it’s not storing codes then it’s something that isn’t monitored.

Bogie

1 - 13 of 13 Posts