Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Grumpy Old Goat Herder
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
"the motor i'm building is a 73 400cid. with th400 will be used for street strip, trying to find a good set of 6x heads now."

The best 6X head for you to use, would be the 6X-4 which has the factory rated combustion chamber volume of 93cc, vs 101cc for the others. The 4, is shown as the stamped ID in the picture of the head codes, posted before.
As far as a cam recommendation, I would suggest the Comp Cams XE256H, or equivalent.

Sorry, I moved this subject before one of the moderators did.

Bill

·
Grumpy Old Goat Herder
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
97bagger said:
Thanks bill, i'll keep those #'s handy while looking. I see that edelbrock has a cam matched to the perf. intake, is this the same cam?
I don't have anything with the Edelbrock cam specs, but I can give you the specs for the CC cam, if you want. Also, I think that a Quadrajet carb would be your best choice because, with a square bore, you have to be close in the size, to be optimum, but with the air valve Q-Jet, it won't feed anymore air than the engine wants.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.