Hot Rod Forum banner

81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Well, a few months ago I read that entire Mopar thread and I was ready to try it. It has been about two months of engine work, steering, and brakes. I am a full time college student and I work part time for the local school district in Orange County California. I was supposed to be asleep by now but Ive been reading this thread for an hour and its now two in the morning. I am starting the body work tommorrow at 7:00 am and Im working untill evening. The same thing for the next day. By next week I'd like to have my Roll on Rustoleum job done. Ill let you know how it goes and Ill post pictures, as well as update pictures. Im goin' in! We shall see what happens.
I just cant get myself to spend more than 50 bucks when Ive spent 5,000 (my life savings, ahhhh ***** I only live once) on a paint job.

I'll spend money when I have it. And I dont have even $300 or the space to spray on paint. Here' goes! :evil:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Well, a few months ago I read that entire Mopar thread and I was ready to try it. It has been about two months of engine work, steering, and brakes. I am a full time college student and I work part time for the local school district in Orange County California. I was supposed to be asleep by now but Ive been reading this thread for an hour and its now two in the morning. I am starting the body work tommorrow at 7:00 am and Im working untill evening. The same thing for the next day. By next week I'd like to have my Roll on Rustoleum job done. Ill let you know how it goes and Ill post pictures, as well as update pictures. Im goin' in! We shall see what happens.
I just cant get myself to spend more than 50 bucks when Ive spent 5,000 (my life savings, ahhhh ***** I only live once) on a paint job.

I'll spend money when I have it. And I dont have even $300 or the space to spray on paint. Here' goes! :evil:

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Looking forward to your "play by play" 1970Chevy and the pictures as well. Keep track of the hours of sanding you have to put in as well. I think a lot of folks are interested in that part.

·
Registered
6 Posts
brush painting

When I was a boy, my grandfather painted his 65 chevy pick-up and his dodge delivery truck matching orange and cream with a paint brush. He had considerable experience with painting as a carpenter and general "fixit" man. Both vehicles looked good and the paint held up well for many years.

·
Army Strong
631 Posts
if i wanted to do that to my sleeper.. i would have to fully sand the old paint off.. how many coats would it take to get a good coat.. and what kind of paint to use? regualar automotive paint ..?

81 - 87 of 87 Posts