Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my buddy has a 1998 chevy s10 with a 2.2l 4cylinder and a standard 5 spd transmission. According to him the thing shifted fine and clutch engaged normal prior to the temperature dropping. Now that its cold out, he said the thing was giving him some trouble so i took it for a test drive. Right off the bat, the thing would barely go into reverse. I had to really force it into reverse but it didnt grind. Then when i was letting out the clutch, the thing started moving the second i started letting out the clutch so it engages way earlier then it should, it possibly isnt completely disengaging when pushed to the floor. Sounds to be a clutch adjustment issue? Any thoughts? thanks!

·
Administrator
8,551 Posts
The master is going bad. Cold weather caused the seals to shrink, causing a pressure lost at the top of the cylinder, where most of the wear on the bore occurs.
Cold weather does anumber on things Huh?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
haha, yeah who knows. I guess we'll find out. Im gonna have him order a new cylinder and i'll replace it for him. I'll post back if it fixed it. Thanks for helping out!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.