Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey guys, thanks for the input. tell me if you've ever heard of this....
I called the shop that built this tranny as it is brand new and way under warranty. The man that built it told me that occasionally they'll have them where I guess air gets trapped and wont shift to 4. Told me to get the revs as high as I can while in 3rd gear and it will "slam into 4th" and them problem is cured.. let me know what you think. I thought it was a pretty interesting concept.

·
when will it rain???
1,295 Posts
TAGTASCOTTY said:
I called the shop that built this tranny as it is brand new and way under warranty. The man that built it told me that occasionally they'll have them where I guess air gets trapped and wont shift to 4. Told me to get the revs as high as I can while in 3rd gear and it will "slam into 4th" and them problem is cured.. let me know what you think. I thought it was a pretty interesting concept.
who is the manufacter of the stage 1 kit? what kind of vehicle is this trans in? and what rear gear does the diff have? if its anything like the kit i have in my 700r4, if they changed the 3-4 shift valve spring, and the car doesnt have at least 3.73 rear gears, its likely to have a late shift into o.d. cause its meant for 3.73 gears or shorter like a 4.11 etc.
otherwise, id say 3-4 shift valve possibly stuck, or servo related or the thought of a missing checkball does come to mind. fact is,if it has no o.d. and theres a warranty, they need to stand by it.

·
Administrator
10,121 Posts
TAGTASCOTTY said:
I would disagree with the trans guy on that air trapped thing.

I suspect a stuck 3-4 shift valve .... a higher rate of RPM would raise line pressure and possibly force the shift valve to move as the trans guy suggests :"Slam in to 4th"

:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.