Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the old A arms off my 69 nova because of rust and they just didnt look right. I am wanting to replace them along with all the front end parts. There are so many different types of A arms out there how do you make a choice of what to use? I mean there are prices from 269. for all 4 to 5-600 dollars for the uppers and the lowers separate. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks Glen

·
Registered
5,391 Posts
It depends on what you are looking for. If you just want reasonably priced control arms for street driving - do as the above poster suggested plus replace any bushings and ball joints - that is unless you find cracks or bends. If you want handling then you have to look for a version that is reinforced/heavier steel plus have poly bushings and HD ball joints. Next, you get into the tubulars ........ shiny? painted? heavy duty? coil over suspension?

·
elkyholic
327 Posts
Unless you're racing or have a lot of money to spend stay with the stock a-arms. The a-arms designed for your 69 Nova have travelled billions of trouble free miles.

If they are bent, cracked, or the bushings have hogged out the holes they mount in replace them; otherwise clean, prep, and paint. Replace the bushings and ball joints while they are out.

Be sure to check the idler arm, center link, and tie rods before you put them back on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.