Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For my '72 Duster I was planning on putting in a '74 360/4bbl. but found a '72 Dart with a 318/2bbl. My Duster was originally a S-6 but would it be worth more money with the numbers matching (or at least year matching) 318 from the Dart (with all #'s matching accessories + tranny) or the '74 360 which came from a truck? :confused: The 318 would be so easy to swap since all the underhood accessories are already on it and I pulled it with the tranny still attached. I was planning on leaving the 7 1/4 rear end in the car and just driving like my Grandma until I can find a bigger rear end. The Dart that the 318 came from has a 7 1/4 also so it must have held up with the 318 power for all these years. How much H.P. can I expect to have from the 318 2bbl.? I'm guessing around 180-190. That should be plenty of power for a car that light, huh. I just plan on doing normal driving, I don't abuse my vehicles. Would the 318 qualify as a "#'s matching" motor even though mine had the S-6? With all due respect,, I would like to have ALL of these questions answered if possible :thumbup: :welcome:

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, I'm planning on just getting some "Schumacher conversion motor mounts" to fit the S-6 K-member. I don't know for sure on the weight difference but the 318 can't be THAT much more than a S-6 :nono: . The torsion bars, springs, steering components, etc.... are all exactly the same from the 318 car to my S-6 car. Even the steering bar (can't remember what it's called) that goes under the oil pan on the 318 car has the exact same drop as my S-6 car. The two pitman arms and steering gear box are indentical also :thumbup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.