Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am putting a 54 sedan delivery on a A-body chassis..the origanal crossmember (1 hump for single exhaust ) fit and aligned perfect with my new 700r-4 (B and M shift kit ) but I will be running headers w duels....sooooo I shopped on e-bay and some people have 55 inch crossmembers while mine is 53 and1/4 whats up w that I have no idea what year my frame is or what its origans are any Ideas ?

·
Registered
923 Posts
the Monte Carlo and Chevelle (I'm guessing the other a-bodies too) had a shorter cross member because the cross member was held at both ends by rubber isolators.

I got a longer cross member from a late 60's impala from a friend of mine and it bolted right into the frame w/o the isolators. (those isolators are near impossible to find and SUPER expensive if you do)

and it had the dual humps in it.. however.. the humps are closer to the center of the car, so a pre-fab exhaust kit might not fit well.

Give Konik's Klassik's a call. the guy who owns the place (Leo Konik) knows this stuff inside and out and can help you with new and/or used parts. (he's also a close personal friend of mine, he won't do you wrong)
www.koniksklassiks.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.