Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
I saw Jay Leno's tank engined car at a local indoor show before he bought it.
It is huge but in proper perportion. Lou Freigno was the Celeb of the weekend at that show and when he sat in it it looked like a correct fit.

·
Premium Member
4,097 Posts
I heard of it :D

I talked to Randy Grubbs at Pleasanton last October and he is building more of those tank powered roadsters.

I like that Leno car alot better than the one that Michael Leeds, (the other blastolene brother), did.
http://www.blastolene.com/index.htm

If you check out the big bertha car on that site,
and look at the pic of a guy in a red hat spreading bondo on the tail of that car, that's a guy I call "Happy Tony",he's a friend of mine.
Big bertha was built in Santa Cruz.

Those 2 blastolene guys are more artists than hotrodders though.

The Indy Special is cooler than all of the other ones they did.

Didn't Jocko Johnson have a dragster/ streamliner with an allison V-12 back in 57 or 8? It may have been the one he did for himself or the one he did for the mooneyes guy

I had the pleasure of working with Jocko Johnson when he was doing a little fill in work at Poli Form in 93 after he had his "power ring" motor design stolen from him. Bad deal for jocko. :(

Later, mikey

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Jays' upgrade?

I see in the video Jay claims 810 HP,Gale Banks says 1600 w/turbos but the 1790 cubic inch in the M88 Tank retriever I turned wrenches on in the mid 60's was Supercharged&Turbocharged both, put out 2,000 [email protected] :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts