Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started doing some "minor" rust repair on my 76 Terra. It was going to be an easy job as the only visable rust was a small spot on the rear quarters. I figured it would take a week to make the repair, that was 3 months ago. The more I worked on it the more rust I found. I have been chasing rust for weeks now. Sure you can buy quarters and floors and cab supports...problem is you need some solid metal to weld them to. I've spent close to a grand on sheetmetal, I've had to make most of it as no one makes body parts for a Terra.

Bottom line if you see just a little rust the whole vehice could be junk. This is not my first time to make this mistake, I should have know better. Anyway the project is looking really great. I made all the repairs so they look original. It will be a nice rig when I'm done. Had I invested this much time and money restoring a 69 Camaro I would have been much better off. Even though the Terra is rare there is little interest in them. I'll be in the shop for the hollidays.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Yes, my first car back in the 70's was a 1969 Mach 1. I kept discovering more rust throughout the floor. Patched it up as best as I could back then.

Have fun in the shop over the Holidays, I'll be doing the same thing.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Bought a motor home advertised as "surface rust, shop says sand and paint". I've got 1/2 of a 4x10' sheet of 20ga in it so far and I'm not done.
The best advice I can give to a prospective buyer is, "If you see ANY rust, run like mad!"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts