Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
just a kid and his truck
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok first of off im getting ready to re-build the rear in my 71 c-10 with posi and gears, my axles are junk around the bearing race so I'm planning on replacing them and putting a griddle type rear end cover on for the strength. Now reading some of the older posts about c-clip eliminators it seems that the consensus is unless your running big inch cubes and slicks, and the rules say you need em, that there not really needed, if I go with a quality axle? Now according to the Moser site there aftermarket axles are larger so would i need a different axle bearing? Any of you all used Superior axles? iv got there stock replacement ones in my blazer but was wondering if any one had used there evolution series ones, i ask because their cheaper, I don't mind shelling out for the Moser's but if i could save some coin im all for it. O yea up front is just going to be a built 350 should be around 400ish hp but down the road I'v got a 454 to build for it. Thanks for the replies.

·
Race it, Don't rice it!
7,734 Posts
I use Yukon axle. They are good axles but much cheaper than Moser. I expect you need the standard size bearing for I've never heard of a bigger bearing needed unless specified. Something to ask the salesman. Eliminating the "C" clips is no doubt safer but I can't see them being a needed with 400hp on street tires.

·
just a kid and his truck
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply where might I find a set of Yukon axles? And I just got done with talking to the Moser rep and he told me with the axles i was looking at everything was the same as stock and I have no idea where I herd of different sized bearings. Thanks again.

·
Registered
38 Posts
If you are on street tires on the street I wouldnt mess with c-clip eliminators. Most of them dont have tapered bearings and they tend to leak. If this was a track car or you used slicks I would go for the eliminators or replace the axle ends with 9" style ends.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts