Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
current hot rod: CTS-V
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Something happened a week ago and my parents may be sued because of it. The whole ordeal is fairly serious and has me frustrated, it's why I'm edgy lately.

Would it be in my best interest to have my three cars, and my savings account placed solely in my name?

I would like to tell you guys what happened but I don't want it on the world wide web until we see where it goes.

·
Banned
431 Posts
Ghetto Jet said:
I left this site saved in a lot of computers in my high school, some people that still go to that school are involved. Just playing it safe not putting the details up here.
don't sweat it bro.........
do you think that i tell everything about my life on here?

hmmm, well, yeah, i guess i do.........:D

·
Come Home Safe Soldier
846 Posts
Ghetto you need to contact an attorney.Most will offer a free consultation.Look in the phone book and find one who can deal with the specifics of your situation or case.Do it now,do not wait until you can not do anything about it.Good luck man.-Ron-

·
Get out the ducktape...
213 Posts
Dude its definitely a good idea to have yer savings accounts in yer name in my opinion. Mines been solely in my name since I was 17. As for the cars I dont really know what to tell you except for that if theres a chance of someone taking them out from under you, put them in your name asap.

·
I wanted an egg-salad sandwich
266 Posts
Ghetto

I see by your info that you are 18

Legally, an Adult.

If you are really 18, you are responsible for your actions, not sure what the situation is, feel free to email me [email protected]
but if you did something with a car in someone elses name its still your problem. Unless said problem occured before you were 18, then your parents would be sued since you cant sue a minor.

:evil:
Gluck

·
I wanted an egg-salad sandwich
266 Posts
OH, i see where this is going...

if your cars are not in your name AT all then yes do it now.
if the cars are in yours and your parents names then you maybe all right, but to be safe i'd put them in your name..

If your bank accounts were set up like college funds and have your name on them (as well as your parents) that could not be counted as your parents assests, but since you are 18, you should take them off, or have them put you on, whatever the case may be.

I'd do this sooner than later, so it doesnt look like it was done to deliberately to protect your parents assets from a lawsuit...

if they allrerady have a lawyer, then you may ask him too...

:evil:
Gluck

·
Registered
258 Posts
I'd really go to talk to a lawyer. Free legal advice on the internet is worth what you pay for it. Even if it costs you 100 dollars for just say a consultation, it would be worth it to have solid backing. Plus if it goes further, you may need a lawyer. And the time to get a lawyer is not after you get sued or arrested or whatever.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.