Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Matt167 & docvette thank you for your help. I do have another question I could use your help with. My HEI has one wire that says TACH BATT one pink wire and two black wires and one black widow my bad one dead black widow. from toggle to witch wire on the HEI and what would the other wires be for. Thanks again. :thumbup:

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Doc here, :pimp:

Forgive me , but I have forgotten what year HEI you have, The standard Non computer driven Distributer will (should) Be wire thus:
  • PINK = BATT , 12 Volts switched from the Ignition.

• WHITE = TACH , Wire to tach, AND Splits off To The Computer Ref. Pulse on a CCC or CCCC type Computer type (Bare Bones Computer) ..(1980, 81), I suspect these are the blacks you mentioned..

• 3 or 4 pin plug = harness from the Dizzy to the cap, (plugs in behind the BATT & TACH plugs.

Assuming yours is a 1980 and down GM HEI, this will apply..

Later Models Are Computer supported EST (electronic Controlled Spark) and without a computer will not work OR work like a muni bus off the line..

Doc :pimp:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.