Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
1949 Ford Coupe RESURRECTION
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm feeling a little bit dumb, but not completely. These two videos say it all, especially if you are trying to assure maximum cooling ability of your transmission cooler/condenser/radiator. EDIT: for some reason only one link shows up here.. this is the first of two videos. so after you see this one, click on the little arrow thingy on the right side of the screen for the next video where I turned the rubber sealing "flap" on top of the radiator mount that is meant to seal to the underside of the hood.

Here is the text that goes with the videos:
5/30/2021 - The other day, I noticed the dust pattern on the underside of the hood looked like a LOT of air seemed to be passing between the rubber seal and the hood, and noticed that the rubber "flap" on the top of the radiator support structure was leaning backward just a little bit, so I got to thinking, maybe I put it on backwards. Since I'm presently investigating how to keep everything under the hood as cool as possible, I also bought a 4 channel thermocouple electronic thermometer (Chinese made, of course, and it's not worth a damn.... you get a different reading every time you turn it on.). That's what the little blue wires are in the video. Notice the "flap" angle in both of the videos. Then watch the next video and notice the angle of the flap in that one. FOR 5 YEARS I'VE HAD THAT FLAP ON BACKWARDS ! ! !

·
Registered
78 Posts
Wow. Congratulations. The video played fine for me thru the mobile app (Tapatalk).
Feels good getting something like that figured out doesn't it.
Makes me wonder if my Mercury is supposed to have a seal... do you know?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.