Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sadly, being marooned over here, I've never seen one, but wow the 61 sure does it for me............the Ford Starliner!!

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Ehrmagerrrrrd! That is one good looking ride!
What a nice time in history we live in, to have modern and older cars to choose from. But theres always that pesky thing called money that somehow always seems to be involved...

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
Back in the day we called them ‘floaters’.
When they topped 90 mph the front end got light and if you tried a little more speed the car would just glide off in to the ditch (if you were lucky). If unlucky you scared the crap outta oncoming cars.
What great memories.
Good looking car though!

·
Registered
787 Posts
Reminds me of the one in the movie Hollywood Knights. I had a buddy in the Marine Corps that had one as well.

·
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
16,376 Posts
That is a beauty!

Brian

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Beautiful car, just beautiful. But I must say that the interior really turned me off. The lowering I don't like either but that's a sign of the times and can be fixed easier I'm sure. It's still a beautiful car.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Back in the day we called them ‘floaters’.
When they topped 90 mph the front end got light and if you tried a little more speed the car would just glide off in to the ditch (if you were lucky). If unlucky you scared the crap outta oncoming cars.
What great memories.
Good looking car though!
Fireball Roberts drove a '61 ford considerably faster than 90 mph without going airborne ,on numerous occasions !

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
If you wish to argue ,please look elsewhere , its Christmas & I don't feel like it ,thank you , merry Christmas !

1 - 15 of 15 Posts