Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although i could build a Frame, i dont feel my skill knowledge is that great, so i was wondering what types of frames Could i use? could i use a normal S10 rolling frame like an 80s ETC Or would i be better off with something much older and harder to find?

i was just curious

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
Use the search function (found near the top of the page) and enter terms such as "mini truck chassis" or "mini truck frame" and you'll get a ton of prior threads where this has been discussed in great detail. Many pictures, many opinions, many ideas.

·
Registered
369 Posts
SixEightFury said:
Although i could build a Frame, i dont feel my skill knowledge is that great, so i was wondering what types of frames Could i use? could i use a normal S10 rolling frame like an 80s ETC Or would i be better off with something much older and harder to find?

i was just curious
Hi
There is a book by Tex Smith called 'How to build Hot Rod Chassis' that I found useful, there is a section in there on modifying other frames. Although it is mainly about constructing them from scratch.

If you are fairly flexible on position and types of engines, trans, suspension etc. or will be using the same engine and running gear as the frame, modifying it might be a good way to go.

But if you have particular ideas on what you are going to use and will be doing a lot of modifying don't completely discount the idea of constructing a frame. You will be using similar skills modifying a frame as building one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.